It is a cliché, but true: a long time ago there were not as many obese people as today. The culprits: poor diet, sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy habits. Be the exception.
How does the feeling of hunger work?
In ancient times, it was natural for people to eat when hungry - of course, only if there was anything to eat. When fed, they stopped eating. Today it is still the same with the indigenous people, and those who listen to the words of their bodies.
The feelings of hunger and fullness are controlled by your hormones
Hunger and satiety occur in your brain as a state of the balance between the current levels of energy and nutrients: either as a state of "deficit" (i.e. you're hungry), or a state of "satiation" (i.e.. you are full). The amount of the hormone leptin produced by fat cells shows what information is being sent to your brain.
This way your body gets into the ideal state in which nutrient intake and nutritional needs will be in balance. The "deficit" and "satiation" make a harmonious unity. As long as you eat in a balanced way, none of your signalling systems will raise an alarm, i.e. starts craving additional calories.
The importance of this "authority" of survival becomes apparent when a hunger pang is formed. In this case, there will be a discrepancy between "deficit" and "satiation", the centre and the periphery, and tension is created in your body. Your body is flooded with stress hormones.
What this means: if you're on a drastic diet - which most diets are - your balance is bound to be disrupted and great stress occurs in your system. So there will be a disorder in your system. You feel tense during your diet, therefore the subsequent yo-yo effect is guaranteed.
So remember: eating less by itself will not bring success, if you do not know how to control the operation of fat stores.
Guarantees of survival
Check out what can be found in all those "survival packs" that are essential to life and which can turn against you as a result of an improper diet.
In order of importance, these are:
- Fat Storage: regulator of metabolism, energy control centre, the most important guarantee of survival.
- Thyroid: internal power plant, central metabolic controller.
- Muscle: store for rapid energy demand.
- Proteins: your body only works well if you get the right proportions of protein, carbohydrates and fat. The most important of these is protein, without which the body is dysfunctional, and the lack of which can cause serious disorders in your body.
Look at what consequences should be considered if you do not provide the appropriate amount of protein for your body:
- If there is a shortage of protein in your body, it will take the protein out of the muscles, first from the cardiac muscle.
- Your metabolic rate and thyroid function will decrease, so fat stores will remain stable in your body in the long-term.
- In this situation your body raises the emergency hunger alarm, that is, you may get a huge binge eating attack. This, of course, means more fat deposits.
- Protein is the most important building material of your body. Your muscles contain 18-20% protein.
- In the connective tissue there are two important and flexible proteins: collagen and elastin.
- Protein also plays a central role in the transport of oxygen and carbon dioxide: in the lungs haemoglobin binds oxygen, and myoglobin stores it in the muscles.
- Enzymes are proteins without exception, which trigger the body's chemical processes, or specifically speed them up.
- Also some hormones contain protein (insulin, adrenaline, sex hormones, thyroxine, etc.).
- A variety of biologically active materials are proteinaceous (eg. inflammation mediator histamine, or dopamine and serotonin which are involved in the transmission of neural impulses).
- Antibodies (antigens) are protein molecules, which are produced by the immune system in order to identify and defeat foreign substances in your body.
- Of blood proteins, albumins are involved in the control of the osmotic pressure of the blood and the storage of amino acids. Globulins are essential for immunity and the defence of your body, and without fibrinogens coagulation does not occur.
- The building material of cell nuclei, mitochondria, ribosomes - and partly of cell membranes is also protein.
- Proteins - since they behave as anions in aqueous solutions, have an important role in the maintenance of the body's acid-base balance.
Lose weight relying on scientifically proven facts
Based on the above-mentioned facts, if you want to lose weight, it is best if you opt for a protein-based diet, for example, Turbo Diet®. You can expect that, with this method your insulin level will remain normal, and due to the high protein intake you need not worry about muscle loss. Also you do not need to be afraid of being ravenously hungry. Your metabolism does not decrease as your thyroid function remains appropriate.
When using the method of Turbo Diet® you do not lose muscle mass, and your body does not get dehydrated. What you may lose: is fat. Of course, protein only will not be perfectly sufficient food, in order to achieve the best results, you have to consume nutritional supplements, thus you'll be fully protected against the harmful effects of free radicals.
Turbo Diet® is a personalized approach. Learn about our programs and choose the most suitable one for you.